Hoddesdon is Screwfix’s 600th store
A new Screwfix store in Hoddesdon marks the retailer’s 600th opening in the UK, its 100th in the past 18 months alone.
The new store, based on the Trident Industrial Estate in Hoddesdon officially opened its doors on 20th September. The store will help busy tradespeople to get the job done quickly and affordably, with a Click & Collect service allowing customers to order and collect goods in as little as one minute. Like all Screwfix stores, Hoddesdon is open seven days a week and has created new jobs in the town.
“We are very proud to be here at our 600th store in Hoddesdon. We know how passionate tradespeople are in the Hertfordshire area”, said John Mewett, CEO of Screwfix.
“Our continued growth is testament to the loyalty of our fantastic customers who are central to how we have designed our retail offer to fit in with their busy lives. Also, fundamental to our success is the commitment of our staff. They ensure that we can deliver on our promises day in, day out and we are delighted to welcome our new team in Hoddesdon.”
Since opening its first store in Yeovil in 2005, Screwfix has grown significantly, with 97 per cent of the UK population within a 30-minute drive from their nearest store.
The retailer’s focus on customers and convenience – with extended opening hours, Click & Collect, next day delivery and award-winning 24/7 contact centre – is a major contributing factor to its fast growth rate and has also earned it high profile awards including Retail Week’s ‘Best Retailer’ and ‘Digital Pioneer’ in 2018.
And, Screwfix is also recognised as a great place to work. In 2016, the company was crowned “Employer of the Year” by Retail Week and as one of the Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2017.
Since starting life as the Woodscrew Supply Company in 1979, Screwfix has always been passionate about delivering convenience, value and the wide product range required by its busy trade customers and serious DIYers. Its store network is visited by 7.8m customers a year and Screwfix.com by 5 million unique visitors each week.
In addition, its ever-growing Click & Collect service, which enables customers to pick-up their goods in as little as one minute after ordering online or over the phone, has already received more than 27 million orders.
As proud partners of the EFL, Screwfix were delighted to have two well-loved former players, Stuart Pearce, former England Captain and striker Geoff Horsfield, who played for a range of clubs including Birmingham City and West Bromwich Albion, join them to celebrate their 600th store opening on Friday 21st September 2018.
For more information on Screwfix, visit www.screwfix.com, call 03330 112 112 or visit the nearest store.
For more information on Screwfix’s range of products, visit www.screwfix.com or pick up a copy of the new catalogue at a local Screwfix store.
HODDESDON IS SCREWFIX’S 600th STORE 2.93 MB 4 downloads
Note to editors
Screwfix is part of Kingfisher plc, the international home improvement company, with 1,300 stores in 10 countries in Europe, Russia and Turkey. For further information go to www.kingfisher.com.
Screwfix is convenient, straightforward and affordably-priced, helping its trade customers get the job done quickly, affordably and right first time. Tradespeople can shop 32,000 products over the phone, online, via their mobile or in-person from their local store.
- From power tools and work wear to cables and pipe fittings, Screwfix offers over 11,000 products available to pick up from 600 stores nationwide. Our full range of over 32,000 products can be ordered over the phone, online or from a local store, with orders taken up until 8pm (weekdays) for next day delivery to home or site.
- Screwfix.com attracts 5 million visits per week.
- The Screwfix Click & Collect service means customers can conveniently purchase supplies online or over the phone and then collect from the store in as little as one minute.
- Customers can call the UK-based Screwfix Contact Centre 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays) on 03330 112 112.
- UK stores are open 7 days a week, from 7am – 8pm Weekdays, 7am – 6pm Saturdays and 9am – 4pm Sundays. Excludes selected stores. See www.screwfix.com/stores for details.
- London stores are open from 6am – 10pm on weekdays
- In 2016, Screwfix sales surpassed £1bn for the first time
- World leading customer satisfaction levels.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s Customer Experience Initiative in 2017.
- Screwfix was awarded 2nd place in Retail Week’s Best Employer Rankings in 2017.
- Screwfix was awarded South West Contact Centre Forum’s Large Contact Centre of the Year Award in 2017. Screwfix was awarded Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s ‘Best Retailer over £250m’ and ‘Digital Pioneer’ awards in 2018
- For more information about Screwfix please visit our media centre: screwfixmedia.co.uk
For more information, please contact:
Matthew Allen, McCann Public Relations, Tel: 0121 713 3579 / Matthew.thomas-allen@Mccann.com