Hyena range launch sets new benchmark for workwear
A new range of premium workwear developed in conjunction with tradesmen is set to revolutionise the market with its offering of top-end design and unbeatable durability.
Exclusive to Screwfix, the new Hyena range allows tradesmen to combine style, comfort and strength using innovative technology normally seen in outdoor footwear and clothing, as well as providing design elements normally seen in high-end performance products.
The Hyena range contains three trouser options suitable for a range of budgets, each offering their own, unique combination of design and durability features.
- The Snowdon trousers are Teflon coated to provide resistance to oil, water and stains. They are made with durable Cordura fabric in areas of high abrasion and use 3M reflective tape to increase visibility in the dark.
- The Everest trousers are all about comfort. They are made in a stretch fabric and feature a crotch panel that gives tradesmen extra room and increased manoeuvrability, making them more comfortable when working in tight spaces and kneeling.
- The Krakatowa trousers incorporate both the comfort stretch fabric and Teflon coating and features handy zip-off holster pockets. The Cordura knee fabric also has an added feature, of a hi vis yarn perfect for poor lighting.
All of the trousers in the Hyena range come with an extendable Cordura hem to allow the standard 32” leg length to be easily increased to 34”. Pockets are also large enough to easily fit smart phones and these three woven trousers also have shirt gripper waistbands.
Also included in the range are the lined K2 100% waterproof trousers, a real innovation in the workwear market providing tradesmen with all the tool pocketing they need as well as waterproof protection. The long hem zips allow easier footwear access, perfect for wellingtons or rigger boots.
Built to withstand and perform under extreme conditions, the Hyena footwear range combines maximum protection and durability with style, introducing three innovative designs to the market.
- Thanks to the use of a Hydroguard membrane inside the boot, the Safety Basic Hybrid rated Nevis boot is both waterproof and breathable. The steel toe cap rigger/wellington hybrid features a dual density sole for comfort and protection against impact, as well as resistance to oil and petrol. Leather side loops and an extra-strong heel kick make easy work of getting the boots on and off.
- Hyena’s Eiger hiking boot mixes design aesthetics of outdoor leisure apparel with hitech performance fabrics. The innovative cushioned sole is designed to ensure increased comfort while providing protection even in the toughest conditions.
- The Ravine boot uses technology normally seen in walking boots to create the ultimate work boot. With a steel midsole it offers full protection and an anti-slip sole provides grip and traction suitable for a range of work environments.
Durable Jackets with a Design Edge
Taking tradesmen from site to social setting with ease, the Summit jacket strikes the perfect balance between durability and design. This soft shell jacket is made from a triple layer laminate which is water resistant, breathable, with a soft fleece inner lining and features waterproof zips and Velcro cuffs to keep the elements out. This jacket boasts a detachable zip hood, reflective tape trim and durable fabric in areas of high abrasion for long lasting wear to name but a few of the features.
Commenting on the launch of the new Hyena range, Matthew Bowkett, workwear buyer at Screwfix, says: “By listening to tradesmen about what they want and need from their clothing we have been able to develop a range that takes workwear to the next level. Never before has a range so successfully combined the essential elements of safety and durability with desirable design, and we are proud to be the exclusive stockists of this incredibly exciting new line of clothing, footwear and accessories.”
The Hyena range is available exclusively at Screwfix from 1 st September. For further information and to order online visit www.screwfix.com. Alternatively, call 0500 41 41 41 or pick up a copy of the new catalogue at a local Screwfix store.