Screwfix LIVE 2018 Attracts Record Crowds
Now in its sixth year, Screwfix LIVE welcomed thousands more visitors to the annual exhibition. The event, which took place between 28th – 30th September at the new Farnborough International Exhibition & Conference Centre, broke all previous records in terms of both visitor numbers and exhibitors.
Over 180 top brands showcased their latest products to tradespeople, serious DIY enthusiasts and their families, including new exhibitor brands such as Aico, Dickies and Milwaukee.
Deals on tools and product innovation were the order of the weekend with live product demonstrations, competitions and lots of special offers, as well as 10% off everything at the show and many great giveaways. Celebrity faces included football legends John Barnes and Paul Merson, plus Screwfix ‘legends’ from the Summer of football TV Campaign on ITV;-Tony Adams, Alan Ball, Peter Crouch, Kevin Keegan, Stuart Pearce and Ian Wright.
This year a new Trade Talk Zone was introduced, which featured various guest speakers presenting on a range of topics, including some key industry trade bodies, who discussed the latest updates on legislation and regulations, which was very well received.
John Mewett, CEO of Screwfix comments: “We’ve had fantastic success with Screwfix LIVE for the past six years and I’m delighted that we’ve had another record-breaking year. It was clear that visitors really liked to get their hands on the equipment and try out new products for themselves.
With over 180 suppliers, the new venue allowed us to bring customers, suppliers and staff, together under one roof. This annual event has exceeded our expectations yet again and I would like to thank all our staff and customers for another great year.
Screwfix is part of Kingfisher plc, the international home improvement company, with 1,300 stores in 10 countries in Europe, Russia and Turkey. For further information go to www.kingfisher.com.
Screwfix is convenient, straightforward and affordably-priced, helping its trade customers get the job done quickly, affordably and right first time. Tradespeople can shop 32,000 products over the phone, online, via their mobile or in-person from their local store.
- From power tools and work wear to cables and pipe fittings, Screwfix offers over 11,000 products available to pick up from over 600 stores nationwide.
- Over 32,000 products can be ordered over the phone, online or from a local store, with orders taken up until 8pm (weekdays) for next day delivery to home or site.
- Screwfix.com attracts 5 million visits per week.
- Store network is visited by 7.8m customers a year
- The Screwfix Click & Collect service which enables customers to pick-up their goods in as little as one minute after ordering online or over the phone, has already received more than 27 million orders.
- UK-based Screwfix Contact Centre open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays) on 03330 112 112.
- See www.screwfix.com/stores for store opening information.
- World leading customer satisfaction levels.
- Screwfix was awarded Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s ‘Best Retailer over £250m’ and ‘Digital Pioneer’ awards in 2018
- For more information about Screwfix please visit our media centre: screwfixmedia.co.uk