Screwfix on call for Children In Need
Once again, Screwfix donated the services of its large Contact Centre in Yeovil, Somerset to support the much-loved BBC Children in Need appeal last Friday (16th November 2018).
Hundreds of employees from across Screwfix volunteered their own time, to help take calls from people across the UK, during what was a busy, fun filled night.
Volunteers and staff manned the phone lines from 7.00pm until 11.00pm, in the company’s award-winning Contact Centre in Yeovil. Earlier in the week, Pudsey visited the Yeovil Head Office, to encourage staff to dig deep and get into the spirit of things- by dressing up and joining in the fun and games on the night. There were also generous donations of food, refreshments and prizes kindly provided by local businesses, to keep the volunteers going throughout the evening.
John Mewett, Screwfix CEO, comments: “Now in our thirteenth year of taking calls for Children in Need, we were delighted to be supporting such a worthy cause again this year. Last Friday, we took thousands of calls from across the UK, showing just how generous the public really are when it comes to supporting Children in Need. We’re confident that we can help exceed last year’s total during this year’s fundraising drive, and I’d like to thank all Screwfix staff for donating their Friday night to help.”
“The business supports this wonderful cause with great enthusiasm each year. We held many fun fundraising activities and entertainment throughout the night which also contributes to the grand total. We’re are so pleased that we were able to offer Screwfix’s support once again and I’d really like to thank all our colleagues who volunteered.”
Note to editors
Screwfix is part of Kingfisher plc, the international home improvement company, with 1,300 stores in 10 countries in Europe, Russia and Turkey. For further information go to www.kingfisher.com.
Screwfix is convenient, straightforward and affordably-priced, helping its trade customers get the job done quickly, affordably and right first time. Tradespeople can shop 32,000 products over the phone, online, via their mobile or in-person from their local store.
- From power tools and work wear to cables and pipe fittings, Screwfix offers over 11,000 products available to pick up from over 600 stores nationwide.
- Over 32,000 products can be ordered over the phone, online or from a local store, with orders taken up until 8pm (weekdays) for next day delivery to home or site.
- Screwfix.com attracts 5 million visits per week.
- Store network is visited by 7.8m customers a year
- The Screwfix Click & Collect service which enables customers to pick-up their goods in as little as one minute after ordering online or over the phone, has already received more than 27 million orders.
- UK-based Screwfix Contact Centre open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays) on 03330 112 112.
- See www.screwfix.com/stores for store opening information.
- Next day delivery is available within store opening hours.
- World leading customer satisfaction levels.
- Screwfix was awarded Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s ‘Best Retailer over £250m’ and ‘Digital Pioneer’ awards in 2018
- For more information about Screwfix please visit our media centre: screwfixmedia.co.uk