Screwfix Support Yeovil Colleges’ Most Successful Awards Yet
Yeovil-headquartered trade retailer, Screwfix were delighted to continue to support Yeovil College, who celebrated their annual Shining Star Awards Ceremony, held at Westlands Entertainment Venue on Friday 22 June. This well attended event celebrated Yeovil College students’ successes over the past academic year and rewarded key individuals who have gone above and beyond within their studies.
In recognition of the skills shortage facing the construction trades, Screwfix partnered with Yeovil College to create a purpose-built construction centre and launched the Construction Trade Academy course in December last year.
Caroline Welsh, Director of Brand and Marketing, says: “We believe supporting apprentices is crucial for the future of the trade. Our partnership with Yeovil College is one of the ways we’re supporting tradespeople and playing an important part in protecting the future skills supply in construction.”
This year’s awards were deemed to be the most successful yet, with students and their friends and family celebrating their exceptional achievements from the past year. Also in attendance were a range of VIP guests including Marcus Fysh MP, Yeovil Town Mayor, David Recardo and Chairman of South Somerset District Council, Tony Capozzoli, as well as a whole range of local employers, including business partners Screwfix. Guest speakers included current student Tilly Christmas and Ex-Yeovil College student and current England Ladies Rugby player Marlie Packer.
John Evans, the Principal of Yeovil College, said: “I am so proud of the students on all of their truly incredible achievements; the Shining Star Awards Ceremony is always one of my highlights of the academic year. We are grateful to our Business partners, Screwfix who generously donated a prize to all of our Apprentice winners as part of their continued support following the launch of the Screwfix Trade Skills Centre. The centre allows our apprentices to have a purpose-built, state-of-the-art work training facility, to learn the skills needed for their trade.”
Caroline added “The Shining Star Awards are a great way to celebrate the hard work and commitment of these talented students. It was an honour to be part of the Shining Star Awards Ceremony and see so many talented students winning awards. I look forward to our continued partnership with Yeovil College and wish all students a successful future’.
Screwfix Support Yeovil Colleges’ Most Successful Awards Yet 632.62 KB 2 downloads...
Note to editors
Screwfix is part of Kingfisher plc, the international home improvement company, with nearly 1,200 stores in 10 countries in Europe, Russia and Turkey. For further information go to www.kingfisher.com.
Screwfix is convenient, straightforward and affordably-priced, helping its trade customers get the job done quickly, affordably and right first time. Tradespeople can shop 31,000 products over the phone, online, via their mobile or in-person from their local store.
- From power tools and work wear to cables and pipe fittings, Screwfix offers over 11,000 products available to pick up from over 580 stores nationwide. Our full range of over 31,000 products can be ordered over the phone, online or from a local store, with orders taken up until 8pm (weekdays) for next day delivery to home or site.
- Screwfix.com attracts 5 million visits per week.
- The Screwfix Click & Collect service means customers can conveniently purchase supplies online or over the phone and then collect from the store in as little as one minute.
- Customers can call the UK-based Screwfix Contact Centre 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays) on 03330 112 112.
- UK stores are open 7 days a week, from 7am – 8pm Weekdays, 7am – 6pm Saturdays and 9am – 4pm Sundays. Excludes selected stores. See www.screwfix.com/stores for details.
- London stores are open from 6am – 10pm on weekdays
- In 2016, Screwfix sales surpassed £1bn for the first time
- World leading customer satisfaction levels.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s Customer Experience Initiative in 2017.
- Screwfix was awarded 2nd place in Retail Week’s Best Employer Rankings in 2017.
- Screwfix was awarded South West Contact Centre Forum’s Large Contact Centre of the Year Award in 2017. Screwfix was awarded Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s ‘Best Retailer over £250m’ and ‘Digital Pioneer’ awards in 201
For more information about Screwfix please visit our media centre: www.screwfixmedia.co.uk For more information, please contact:Stephanie Jenkins, McCann Public Relations, Tel: 0121 713 3569 Stephanie.Jenkins@McCann.com
Matthew Allen, McCann Public Relations, Tel: 0121 713 3822 Matthew.thomas-allen@Mccann.com