New wheels for Britain’s Top Tradesperson
Britain’s Top Tradesperson, Stuart Roache, is now the proud owner of a brand-new Mitsubishi L200 Pick-Up, worth £33,000*, thanks to being awarded Britain’s Top Tradesperson 2018.
Stuart, who trades under the name Abington Home Maintenance, collected the keys to his brand-new pick up at his local Screwfix branch on the Moulton Park Industrial Estate in Northampton.
The 43-year-old father of three, says: “Since winning the competition, I have now taken on a new member of staff to help with the busy work load and it won’t be long before I’m on the lookout for another member to join my team.
We pride ourselves on the work that we do at Abington Home Maintenance and winning Britain’s Top Tradesperson has enhanced our reputation. The new truck will be a real asset to my business and I am very grateful to Screwfix and Mitsubishi for this amazing prize”
I never thought that when I entered Britain’s Top Tradesperson that I would ever win, but I did and all I can say is that, I encourage other tradespeople to enter too, as you never know, next year it could be you picking up a brand-new vehicle and being awarded Britain’s top tradesperson.”
Multi-talented Stuart is qualified in both joinery and plumbing after training at night college for eight years following a career change at the age of 30.
Caroline Welsh, Director of Brand and Marketing at Screwfix says: “We are delighted to be able present Stuart with the well- deserved title of “Britain’s Top Tradesperson” and to be able to partner with Mitsubishi Motors in the UK to offer such a fantastic prize.
Rob Lindley, Managing Director of Mitsubishi Motors in the UK commented, “The Mitsubishi L200 Pick-up is the perfect companion for a business such as Stuart’s. Being able to mix load-lugging capability and the specification you would expect from an SUV means the Mitsubishi L200 is ready for anything”.
* On The Road Price includes metallic paint, VAT, VED and first registration fee.
Note to editors
Screwfix is part of Kingfisher plc, the international home improvement company, with 1,300 stores in 10 countries in Europe, Russia and Turkey. For further information go to www.kingfisher.com.
Screwfix is convenient, straightforward and affordably-priced, helping its trade customers get the job done quickly, affordably and right first time.
- From power tools and work wear to cables and pipe fittings, Screwfix offers over 11,000 products available to pick up from over 600 stores nationwide.
- Over 32,000 products can be ordered over the phone, online or from a local store, with orders taken up until 8pm (weekdays) for next day delivery to home or site.
- Screwfix.com attracts 5 million visits per week.
- Store network is visited by 7.8m customers a year
- The Screwfix Click & Collect service which enables customers to pick-up their goods in as little as one minute after ordering online or over the phone, has already received more than 27 million orders.
- UK-based Screwfix Contact Centre open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays) on 03330 112 112.
- See www.screwfix.com/stores for store opening information.
- World leading customer satisfaction levels.
- Screwfix was awarded Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s ‘Best Retailer over £250m’ and ‘Digital Pioneer’ awards in 2018
- For more information about Screwfix please visit our media centre: screwfixmedia.co.uk