Swindon’s Third Screwfix store, is declared a runaway success
Screwfix is celebrating the successful launch of its most recent store opening on the Rushy Platt Industrial Estate, Swindon. The store officially opened its doors on Thursday 11th October 2018 with hundreds of eager customers ready to stock-up on the latest tools and trade essentials.
The Rushy Platt Screwfix store is part of the company’s growing network of over 600 stores nationwide, meaning 97% of the UK population is within a 30-minute drive of a store. Open seven days a week and from 7am Monday to Friday, the store also provides a convenient, Click & Collect service available at all Screwfix locations. Using this service, customers can order their goods online or over the phone and pick them up from a store in as little as one minute.
Swindon Rushy Platt Screwfix Store Manager, Chris Broley, said: “We chose to open another new store in Swindon to better meet the needs of the local tradespeople. Many of our new customers previously shopped with Screwfix at our stores in the Great Western Trade Park or Athena Business centre, so we’re delighted to bring Screwfix even closer to them for greater convenience.
“Our celebration period, which ran from Thursday 11th October and throughout the weekend until Sunday 14th October, attracted hundreds of customers. We have received fantastic support from the local homes or community facilities and are looking forward to welcoming and helping more tradespeople and serious DIYers over the coming months.”
The Screwfix Foundation, which is another aspect of Screwfix’s nationwide initiatives, supports local charities and community projects by providing donations to fix, repair or maintain local homes or community facilities. Screwfix staff get directly involved in helping community projects and host charity fundraising events within the stores.
Swindon local registered charities are welcome to apply for funding from The Screwfix Foundation by visiting Swindon’s Rushy Platt Screwfix branch to pick up a Screwfix Foundation leaflet for more information. Alternatively, they can download an application form from www.screwfixfoundation.com
Visit Screwfix’s latest Swindon store on the Rushy Platt Industrial Estate, Caen View, SN5 8WQ
Monday to Friday 7am-8pm, Saturday 7am-6pm and Sunday 9am-4pm.
The brand’s huge range of products and exceptional deals are also available online at www.screwfix.com, on Screwfix’s mobile site or over the phone on 03330 112 112.
Swindon’s Third Screwfix store, is declared a runaway success 1.18 MB 4 downloads...
Note to editors
Screwfix is part of Kingfisher plc, the international home improvement company, with 1,300 stores in 10 countries in Europe, Russia and Turkey. For further information go to www.kingfisher.com.
Screwfix is convenient, straightforward and affordably-priced, helping its trade customers get the job done quickly, affordably and right first time.
- From power tools and work wear to cables and pipe fittings, Screwfix offers over 11,000 products available to pick up from over 600 stores nationwide.
- Over 32,000 products can be ordered over the phone, online or from a local store, with orders taken up until 8pm (weekdays) for next day delivery to home or site.
- Screwfix.com attracts 5 million visits per week.
- Store network is visited by 7.8m customers a year
- The Screwfix Click & Collect service which enables customers to pick-up their goods in as little as one minute after ordering online or over the phone, has already received more than 27 million orders.
- UK-based Screwfix Contact Centre open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays) on 03330 112 112.
- See www.screwfix.com/stores for store opening information.
- World leading customer satisfaction levels.
- Screwfix was awarded Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s ‘Best Retailer over £250m’ and ‘Digital Pioneer’ awards in 2018
- For more information about Screwfix please visit our media centre: www.screwfixmedia.co.uk
For more information, please contact:
Screwfix Press Office
Tel: 01935 441706