Thornabys’ First Screwfix Store is Declared a Runaway Success
Screwfix is celebrating the successful launch of its most recent store opening on Perry Avenue, Teesside Industrial Estate, TS17 9LN. The store officially opened its doors on Thursday 12th July with hundreds of eager customers ready to stock-up on the latest tools and trade essentials.
The Thornaby Screwfix store is part of the company’s growing network of over 580 stores nationwide, meaning 97% of the UK population is within a 30 minute drive of a store. Open seven days a week and from 7am Monday to Friday, the store also provides a convenient, Click & Collect service available at all Screwfix locations. Using this service, customers can order their goods online or over the phone and pick them up from a store in as little as one minute.
Screwfix’s Thornaby Store Manager, Graham Ridley, said: “We chose to open a new store in Thornaby to better meet the needs of the local tradespeople. Many of our new customers previously shopped with Screwfix at our Stockton-on-Tees and Middlesbrough stores, so we’re delighted to bring Screwfix even closer to them for greater convenience.
“Our celebration period, which ran from Thursday 12th July and throughout the weekend until Sunday 15th July 2018, attracted hundreds of customers. We have received fantastic support from the local homes or community facilities and are looking forward to welcoming and helping more tradespeople and serious DIYers over the coming months.”
The Screwfix Foundation, which is another aspect of Screwfix’s nationwide initiatives, supports local charities and community projects by providing donations to fix, repair or maintain local homes or community facilities. Screwfix staff get directly involved in helping community projects and host charity fundraising events within the stores.
Thornaby local registered charities are welcome to apply for funding from The Screwfix Foundation by visiting Thornaby Screwfix branch to pick up a Screwfix Foundation leaflet for more information.
Visit Screwfix’s Thornaby store at; Perry Avenue, Teesside Industrial Estate, TS17 9LN.
Monday to Friday 7am-8pm, Saturday 7am-6pm and Sunday 9am-4pm.
The brand’s huge range of products and exceptional deals are also available online at www.screwfix.com, on Screwfix’s mobile site or over the phone on 03330 112 112.
THORNABYS' FIRST SCREWFIX STORE IS DECLARED A RUNAWAY SUCCESS 6.23 MB 1 downloads...
Note to editors
Screwfix is part of Kingfisher plc, the international home improvement company, with nearly 1,200 stores in 10 countries in Europe, Russia and Turkey. For further information go to www.kingfisher.com.
Screwfix is convenient, straightforward and affordably-priced, helping its trade customers get the job done quickly, affordably and right first time. Tradespeople can shop 31,000 products over the phone, online, via their mobile or in-person from their local store.
- From power tools and work wear to cables and pipe fittings, Screwfix offers over 11,000 products available to pick up from over 580 stores nationwide. Our full range of over 31,000 products can be ordered over the phone, online or from a local store, with orders taken up until 8pm (weekdays) for next day delivery to home or site.
- Screwfix.com attracts 5 million visits per week.
- The Screwfix Click & Collect service means customers can conveniently purchase supplies online or over the phone and then collect from the store in as little as one minute.
- Customers can call the UK-based Screwfix Contact Centre 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays) on 03330 112 112.
- UK stores are open 7 days a week, from 7am – 8pm Weekdays, 7am – 6pm Saturdays and 9am – 4pm Sundays. Excludes selected stores. See www.screwfix.com/stores for details.
- London stores are open from 6am – 10pm on weekdays
- In 2016, Screwfix sales surpassed £1bn for the first time
- World leading customer satisfaction levels.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s Customer Experience Initiative in 2017.
- Screwfix was awarded 2nd place in Retail Week’s Best Employer Rankings in 2017.
- Screwfix was awarded South West Contact Centre Forum’s Large Contact Centre of the Year Award in 2017. Screwfix was awarded Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s ‘Best Retailer over £250m’ and ‘Digital Pioneer’ awards in 2018
For more information about Screwfix please visit our media centre: www.screwfixmedia.co.uk
PRESS information: Screwfix Press OfficeE: Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01935 441706