Jobs boost for Yaxley as new Screwfix store opens
Leading trade retailer, Screwfix is set to open a further Cambridgeshire store, this time in Yaxley on Thursday 26th July 2018 in the Discovery Business Park, (Off Broadway). The new branch will create 8 new jobs in the area and will help local tradespeople get what they need as quickly as possible to get the job done.
Screwfix’s new Yaxley Store Manager, Luke Kime is proud of the contributions the new store has made to employment figures in the region: “We’ve created 8 new jobs and employed people from around the Thornaby area. Our new team includes people with all different levels of experience, focused on providing superb customer service to meet the needs of our busy trade customers. Everyone here is really looking forward to the store opening.”
Tradespeople and serious DIYers are all invited to attend the opening and can demonstrate their professional skills in a free-to-enter competition. The winner will receive a 40in smart TV.
Throughout the store’s launch celebration period from Thursday 26th July and through the weekend until Sunday 29th July 2018, Screwfix will offer a 10% discount on all product ranges among other store specific special offers.
Luke believes the store’s convenient location, extensive product range and ability to provide a Click & Collect service in as little as one minute from ordering, will be a real bonus to local tradespeople and DIY enthusiasts who need to get back to their jobs.
“I’m confident we’ve got a great location here in Yaxley. My team and I have already been getting to know local businesses and tradespeople and look forward to working with these hardworking, friendly people.”
The brand’s huge range of the latest innovative and affordable products and exceptional deals are also available online at www.screwfix.com, on Screwfix’s mobile site or over the phone on 03330 112 112.
Visit Screwfix’s Yaxley store on: Discovery Business Park (Off Broadway), PE7 3EH. Monday to Friday 7am-8pm, Saturday 7am-6pm and Sunday 9am-4pm.
Note to editors
Screwfix is part of Kingfisher plc, the international home improvement company, with nearly 1,200 stores in 10 countries in Europe, Russia and Turkey. For further information go to www.kingfisher.com.
Screwfix is convenient, straightforward and affordably-priced, helping its trade customers get the job done quickly, affordably and right first time. Tradespeople can shop 31,000 products over the phone, online, via their mobile or in-person from their local store.
- From power tools and work wear to cables and pipe fittings, Screwfix offers over 11,000 products available to pick up from over 580 stores nationwide. Our full range of over 31,000 products can be ordered over the phone, online or from a local store, with orders taken up until 8pm (weekdays) for next day delivery to home or site.
- Screwfix.com attracts 5 million visits per week.
- The Screwfix Click & Collect service means customers can conveniently purchase supplies online or over the phone and then collect from the store in as little as one minute.
- Customers can call the UK-based Screwfix Contact Centre 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays) on 03330 112 112.
- UK stores are open 7 days a week, from 7am – 8pm Weekdays, 7am – 6pm Saturdays and 9am – 4pm Sundays. Excludes selected stores. See www.screwfix.com/stores for details.
- London stores are open from 6am – 10pm on weekdays
- In 2016, Screwfix sales surpassed £1bn for the first time
- World leading customer satisfaction levels.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s Customer Experience Initiative in 2017.
- Screwfix was awarded 2nd place in Retail Week’s Best Employer Rankings in 2017.
- Screwfix was awarded South West Contact Centre Forum’s Large Contact Centre of the Year Award in 2017. Screwfix was awarded Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018.
- Screwfix was awarded Retail Week’s ‘Best Retailer over £250m’ and ‘Digital Pioneer’ awards in 2018
- For more information about Screwfix please visit our media centre: www.screwfixmedia.co.ukPRESS information: Screwfix Press OfficeE: Claire.email@example.com
- Tel: 01935 441706
- For more information, please contact:
Screwfix Press Office
Tel: 01935 441706